A. Compensatory Aforestation over 45.585 Ha. has been undertaken for by State Forest Deptt.
B. Aforestation in Safety Zone and OB Dump in 4.647 Ha.
C. Avenue Plantation 1.00 Km in Bonai and Outside Lease in Village Raikela & Dengula.
D. Survival Rate is good.
E. Maintenance of Nursery within Lease Area.
F. Total 57250 nos of seedling planted.
G. Maintenance of garden in front of Mines Office.
- Out of total ML area of 49.372 hectares, 7.396 hectares is Khesra forest and 40.696 hectares is DLC forest and rest 0.740 hectare is non-forest land. Proposed mining activity will have impact on biological environment as there will be degradation/utilization of the land for mining purpose.
- Proposed project activities might have some impact on the schedule-1 fauna (Elephant) and therefore, for their conservation, Wildlife Conservation Plan has been prepared and same has been approved by the Principal CCF (Wildlife) & Chief Wildlife Warden, Odisha with financial forecast of ` 173 Lakhs.
- In addition to this, non-forest area (equivalent to the forest area for diversion) and plantation cost has been provided to the forest department for compensatory a aforestation and fee is paid for maintenance of existing trees and re-generation of the saplings in the safety zone area.
- Total area under plantation will be 49.372 hectares at the end of life of mine. [4.647 (existing over safety zone & dead dump) + 0.395 (during scheme period over dead dump & gap plantation on OB dump) + 43.288 (during conceptual period over backfilled quarry) + 1.042 (During closure over other areas viz. road, office etc) = 49.372 Ha.]
- There will not be any major impact on biodiversity as the ML area does not form a part of eco-sensitive areas like national park / wild life sanctuary / biosphere reserve etc.